Having read about the "Flipped Method" of instruction, and feeling it particularly applicable for hybrid classes, I solicited an honors student, for her project, to help create a flipped lesson for a course competency. Prior to start of class, students:
- Viewed a Ppt of key points with voice-over embedding.
- Filled out a note sheet as they went through the Ppt. This was their Ticket in the door for the next class.
- Students engaged in small group exploration, where each group researched one of the key points and then presented to the rest of the class.
- Students filled out a note sheet as the groups presented. This was their Ticket out the door.
- 24 of 25 students had Ticket in the Door (1 was absent).
- 24 of 24 had their Ticket out the Door.
- Avg. scores of tickets in and out were 95% (compared to 90% avg. score traditional note sheet).
- 23 out of 24 strongly endorsed this methodology.